Food Security Illustration, Northern Regional Wellness Coalition Gathering, Nov 17th
Progress has been favourable in the implementation of Mobilizing Community Food Security on the Northern Peninsula. Made possible at least in part with IGA funding, Food First NL is continuing to develop new relationships with stakeholder organizations and strengthening existing connections. Collaborators on the project have expanded to include:
- Bird Cove Going Healthy Wellness Centre
- Happy Gang 50+ Club (Bartlett’s Harbour)
- Linda Hillier, Regional Nutritionist with Labrador Grenfell Health
- Northern Peninsula Family Resource Centre Inc.
- Northern Regional Wellness Coalition
- Plum Point Community Youth Network
- Sandy Cove 50+ Club
- St. Anthony and Area Chronic Pain Support Group
- Sunshine 50+ Club (Forteau)
Food First NL staff attended the Northern Regional Wellness Coalition Annual Gathering (Nov 17-18). As a result, its community outreach is improved and new contacts have been made.
Efforts in this project are ongoing, as Food Security Network NL aims to build on interest among communities along the Northern Peninsula to improve access to healthy food in the region