In the past twenty years, the IGA has granted more than $35 million and has launched more than 1,550 projects that have helped shape the coastal communities of Labrador and Northern Newfoundland.
We offer grants (and student bursaries) in the areas of health, education, and community wellness. Some examples of projects funded by the IGA include, but are not limited to:
- recreation and physical fitness programs
- fire departments
- nutrition programs
- reading programs
- seniors’ care programs
- mental health programs
- literacy programs
- healthy lifestyles programs and initiatives
- medical equipment/health programs
- chronic health programs and initiatives
- youth leadership programs
- traditional skills building programs (storytelling, music, crafts, etc.)
- art and culture projects.